8 Things to Consider when sending Commercial Freight
If you are a business and are needing to send large shipments abroad on a regular basis, there are several things you need to consider. Below we look at 10 things to consider below.
1. When importing and exporting you need to consider customs and taxes. A good freight company such as RSJ International will be able to advise you on these matters.
2. Paperwork also needs to be considered, including customs forms, delivery notes and tracking for example. A good freight company will normally help you with all of these items.
3. Consider carefully the packaging. Certain items may need to be packed in certain ways and if you are transporting what might be considered dangerous goods, plan carefully.
4. When choosing a freight company, consider if they have a FAX number so that you can easily send them documentation as needed. This will help to speed up your freight forwarding.
5. Especially if you are planning on sending COMMERCIAL freight often, try and find a reliable company and one which you can build a relationship with. A good reference point is to check to see if they have some good testimonials.
6. If your freight will involve imports and exports, ensure that your freight forwarder has a GLOBAL international network.
7. Try to consolidate and send larger shipments if possible as this could reduce your unit costs.
8. Do not forget insurance. Your freight forwarder will most likely consider
Return to Articles page.
Freight Wales | cardiff | bristol | Swansea | Newport | Locations| News | Types | Events | Articles | T & Cs | Privacy | © 2020
Bristol Office: RSJ International Freight Company, Unit 16, Londonderry Farm, Keynsham Road, Willsbridge, Bristol, BS30 6EL. England. Telephone: +44 - 0117 932 1160
Wales Office: RSJ International Freight Wales Ltd, Unit C10, Treforest Ind Estate, Pontypridd, CF37 5UD. Tel: 01443 842822