Freight Logo
RSJ International Freight Services - Global Logistics
road, rail, sea or air - a one stop solution to your global logistics problems
Tel: +44 (0)117 932 1160  Fax: +44 (0)117 932 6572  Email: Bob.Feltham@rsj-international.co.uk

Freight Guide to Moving Oil Equipment

The success of every oil industry revolves around the freight logistics of transporting massive and heavy oil machinery from the oil equipment manufacturers to the oil rigs located offshore and onshore. This is because most oil companies are required to transport oil and gas equipment over long distances because the oil equipment is not usually manufactured near the areas where oil is found. However, there are many freight companies that provide transportation services for oil equipment effectively freighting them by land, sea and air.

When looking for a freight company to transport oil equipment, seek out a company that specialises in the transport of oil equipment. These agents are generally in possession of a warehouse that is carefully guarded, and service staff that have been trained to perform regular maintenance operations on the stored equipment. A good freight company will also take into consideration factors like road conditions before deciding upon an effective route by which to freight the goods.

Nearly 90% of all the oil equipment is transported in containers and in ships, while the remaining 10% is freighted either by road, rail or air. When transporting oil equipment by air, it is necessary to ensure that the freight company uses special air carriers designed to handle heavy weights like the AN124-100 and the IL-76. For transporting oil equipment by road, flatbed trailers or special trucks have to be used. Also, as a large portion of oil equipment is transported overseas, it is important to gain customs clearance from the destination country before you ship your consignment.

In general, the transportation of oil equipment is only handled by specialised companies and taken up on a project basis. Some of the best companies in the world that will undertake transport of oil equipment or who can guide you include Poland’s Cargo Service Company. Ltd, Russia’s Beluga Shipping GmBH and the UK’s RSJ International.

Learn about moving oil rig parts.

Return to Freight Types main page.


RSJ International Freight Services Limited, UK have head offices in Bristol, UK and Cardiff, South Wales.

Tel: +44 (0)117 932 1160
Fax: +44 (0)117 932 6572
Email: Bob.Feltham@rsj-international.co.uk
or Steve.Frost@rsj-international.co.uk

Unit 16, Keynsham Road, Willsbridge, Bristol, UK.

Moving freight by road
Cargo services in the South West, UK
Seafreight worldwide delivery

Local: Freight Wales | cardiff | bristol | Swansea | Newport | Locations| News | Types | Events | Cuba | Articles | T & Cs | © 2016
Bristol Office: RSJ International Freight Company, Unit 16, Londonderry Farm, Keynsham Road, Willsbridge, Bristol, BS30 6EL. England. Telephone: +44 - 0117 932 1160
Wales Office: RSJ International Freight Wales Ltd, Unit C10, Treforest Ind Estate, Pontypridd, CF37 5UD.  Tel: 01443 842822 

Follow us via: Google Plus  Twitter  Twitter